Our online hub.
norming session document
Here is the document with samples of student writing for the norming session.
- Bizup, “BEAM: A Rhetorical Vocabulary for Teaching Research-based Writing”
F20 Schedule, Revised Nov. 3
A revised schedule that factors in planning for Spring Institute during last four weeks of semester.
- Jeff's Backwards Design Presentation from 2017
- Elbow, ““Ranking, Evaluating, and Liking: Sorting out Three Forms of Judgment.”
- Shapiro, “Why I Don’t Grade Papers”
- Petrucci, “A Writing to Learn Approach to Writing in the Disciplines in the Linguistics Classroom”
- Sullivan, “The UnEssay: Making Room for Creativity”
- Bazerman, “The Life of Genre, the Life in the Classroom”
- Zammel, “Strangers in Academia: Interpreting the Experiences of Professors and ESL Students”
- Rose, “The Language of Exclusion”
- Peckham, “Arguing,” from Going North, Thinking West: The Intersections of Social Class, Critical Thinking and Politicized Writing Instruction
Reading notes assignment
Here's an assignment I use with students in my education class. It's purpose is to try and help guide students through the readings during the semester. This is not my own design but used from other colleagues in my department. I feel it this could be a low tech version, less dynamic version of perusall (something I would like to try in the future).
- Leki, "Coping Strategies of ESL Writers"
- Matsuda and Cox, "Reading an ESL Writer's Text"
- Framework for Success in Postsecondary Writing
- Hjort, "Drawing, Knowledge and Intuitive Thinking"
- Flowers & Hayes, "A Cognitive Process Theory of Writing"
- Emig, "Writing as a Mode of Learning"
WID Portfolio Instructions
A one-pager outlining a possible way to approach your portfolio.