In addition to the Home page, the blog portfolio contains approximately 23 pages of content, accessed below by clicking on the page title or by following pages attached to the Seeing, Hearing, Writing in Cinema, Video and Communications page.
- The Seeing, Hearing, Writing in Cinema, Video and Communications page introduces the portfolio contents.
- 01 Weekly Responses describes the nature, objectives and evaluation criteria for the small stakes writing assignments developed for this course. The linked subsections provide detailed descriptions of the assignments: 1) Mise-en-scene; 2) Continuity System; 3) Studio System; 4) Montage; and 5) Sound in Pictures.
- 02 Production Assignments discusses the nature and objectives of the two production assignments. The linked pages Image Panorama and Soundscape present the assignment procedures and evaluation criteria.
- 03 Research Project outlines a ‘scaffolded’ research project that involves several stages, each of which are outlined in detail on separate pages: Blog, Oral/Group Presentation, Annotated Bibliography, Film Analysis. A list of six, proposed research topics are posted on a separate page, each linked to secondary pages providing brief descriptions of the topic as well as short bibliographies of reading materials and a couple of discussion prompts to get the student started thinking about the approaches to be undertaken in the research process.
- 04 Participation: Self-evaluation outlines the process and criteria for the students to conduct a self-evaluation of their participation in the class.
- Cinema, Video + Communications: Types of Writing presents a précis of types of writing in the fields of Cinema, Video and Communications