Are you interested in becoming a more efficient and effective instructor? In motivating and inspiring your students through innovative assignment and course design? In offering more impactful and useful feedback in a way that might also save you time? In having time to research and discuss contemporary literature on writing instruction, critical thinking, and active learning? In participating in discussions and workshops about how you might put this theory into action, right away?
The Call for Participants for the W2022 Faculty Writing Fellows is now open. Please fill out this form to apply. The deadline for applications is Thursday, September 30, 2021. You should advise your department chair and Dean of your intention to apply.
- The Fellowship comes with one section of release. You need to have at least one day class assigned for Winter 2022 to be eligible for release.
- Interested teachers should review the description of the Fellows process, program objectives, application process, and selection criteria.
- The Fellowship culminates in the Fellows leading WID’s Big Winter Workshop in January 2023.
- To view examples of the work of previous Writing Fellows, browse the Teaching Portfolios page. There are now 87 Writing Fellows in 29 different departments & programs.
- We welcome applications from both new and experienced teachers.
- Check out all Writing in the Disciplines workshops and events for the Fall 2021 semester.
- The facilitator of the W2022 Writing Fellows is WID Project Lead Jeff Gandell (English).
Contact Jeff Gandell (email@example.com or extension 4980) with any questions.